What process will Dr. Hester take us through?
I help you sharpen your focus and respond to what you see.
When giving a keynote to business leaders I always give them a two-part challenge. First I ask them to find 15 minutes that day to think about their business and write down five key assumptions that they make. Then I ask them to spend the next two weeks looking for reasons that one or more of those assumptions might be wrong.
“Do that and follow through on what you learn,” I say, “and I’ll bet you a good bottle of Scotch that a year from now you will have made changes in the way that you do business.”
I have yet to have anyone call me on that bet.
While all work is custom, there are key elements to the services that I provide. These elements include:
- Articulate a clear vision for your organization that can be used to establish priorities at every level.
- Identify the fundamental and often-hidden knowledge and assumptions that are crucial to an organization. A starting point for this might be a careful analysis of a recent decision.
- Challenge the organization’s knowledge and assumptions to uncover current blind spots.
- Analyze the impact of this reassessment on the organization. The focus is on both the risks posed and the new opportunities arising from new understandings.
- Brainstorm strategies for responding to both risks and opportunities, including identification of obstacles and ways of overcoming those obstacles.